It doesn’t have to be difficult to Deal with Difficult People
Just like rain on a gloomy day, it can be hard to avoid dealing with difficult people. It might be a co-worker, customer, friend, or family member. They may be expected or take you by surprise. In all cases, the situation can get very uncomfortable.
So, how do you keep your cool and manage the interaction to a mutually satisfactory conclusion? There are five proven steps you can take to calm yourself, the customer, and the situation.
Isn’t it time you took control?
In this course you will define the behavioral characteristics and underlying needs of difficult people, assess situations in which you effectively handled a difficult person, review five steps for handling difficult people, determine inflammatory words or behaviors that can trigger your defensive reactions, analyze the impact of your personal values on your ability to effectively deal with difficult people, use active listening to defuse and redirect difficult conversations, and practice handling a difficult person.
As a trainer and management consultant for over thirty years, Deb has dealt with her share of difficult people and survived to tell the tale!
- Defining Difficult Behavior
- Recognizing Useful Techniques
- Defusing Our Triggers
- Redirecting Through Active
- Handling Difficult People
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Define the behavioral characteristics and underlying needs of difficult people;
- Assess situations in which you effectively handled a difficult person;
- Review five steps for handling difficult people;
- Determine inflammatory words or behaviors that can trigger your defensive reactions;
- Analyze the impact of your personal values on your ability to effectively deal with difficult people;
- Use active listening to defuse and redirect difficult conversations; and
- Practice handling a difficult person.
This online course consists of a variety of interactive activities that include:
- Experiential learning activities
- Individual exercises
- Reflective practices
DURATION & COST