We are concluding our look at the application of five key categories of training best practices, ending with the last three categories:
Application of Training Best Practices: Learner Activities
3. Learner Centered
- An in class mini needs assessment is conducted.
- The focus is on the learner rather than the presenter.
- It builds on the learners’ prior learning or experience.
- The training activities meets the needs of different learning styles.
4. Participatory Activities
- There is a participant workbook for hands on activities to check learning and comprehension.
- The learners are actively engaged in discovering answers.
- There is a check for comprehension before leaving a key topic area.
- There is an opportunity for the learners to practice what they’ve learned as they learn it.
Application of Training Best Practices: Learning Facilitation
- The instructor validates the learners’ involvement and responses.
- The instructor makes transitional statements between sections.
- The instructor ensures that all learners can see and hear.
- The instructor provides breaks approximately every 50 minutes.